|Notes for Elizabeth CLARK|
|Spouses;The Founders of Saybrook Colony;|
9/27/90 IGI Family History Center;
Note 2;Source: Robert Chapman - David Thomson Allied Family Lines by Dorothy
Chapman Saunders, Ph.D. p. 157-160;
Note 3;Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines, Vol. 2;
Hale, House and Related Families;
|Notes for William (Spouse 1)|
|9/27/90 IGI Family History Center;|
Source: Robert Chapman - David Thomson Allied Family Lines by
Saunders, Ph.D. p. 212-215;
1/8/91,Second Boat, Vol.11,No.3,Jul-Aug 1990, pg.20, m. in Old
Saybrook, CT in
Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines, Vol. II;
11/17/95, NEHGS October 1995, Volume CXLIX, Number 596, p. 374;Bpt.
Bishops Transcript; Faulk - Cone and Allied Familes
Children of William (his father) and Elizabeth Pratt
1. Sarah - bap. 6 Feb. 1605, Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Sarah was named in her father's will.
2. John - bap. 29 Nov. 1607, Stevenage, Hertfordshire; d. Jul. 15, 1655, Hartford, CT.
3. William (this entry) - bap. 6 Jun. 1609, Stevenage, Hertfordshire; d. Oct. 19, 1678, Saybrook, CT. William arrived at Hartford, CT with Rev. Thomas HOOKER in 1636. In 1645 he sold his lands and moved to Saybrook, CT. William served in the Pequot Indian War, was named Lt. in 1661, and was representative at the General Court from Saybrook for 23 sessions. William was married in 1636 at Hartford, CT to Elizabeth CLARK, daughter of John CLARK, who was from Great Mindon, Hertfordshire (about two miles from Stevenage). Elizabeth married second William PARKER, Sr. Children of William PRATT and Elizabeth: Elizabeth married second William BACKUS, Jr.; John married Sarah JONES; Joseph married first Sarah CHAPMAN, and second Margaret PARKER; Sarah married first Isaac WATROUS, and second David KNIGHT; William married Hannah KIRTLAND; Samuel married first Ruth HUNTINGTON, and second Elizabeth PECK; Lydia married John KIRTLAND; and Nathaniel married first Sarah BEAUMONT, second Sarah (CLARK) WILLARD, and third Rebecca.
4. Mary - b. about 1611. Mary was named in her father's will.
5. Elizabeth - bap. 2 Apr. 1613, Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
6. Richard - bap. 16 Feb 1618, Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Richard was named in his father's will.
|Last Modified 29 Aug 2002||Created 18 Sep 2002|